Take Our LASIK Self-Test
What is LASIK?
LASIK is the nation’s most popular vision correction procedure and has been used to treat millions of eyes. Advancements in this technology mean you can experience visual freedom with less dependence on glasses and contacts. At RGB Cataract and LASIK, our board-certified ophthalmologists use the latest, most effective laser eye surgery technique to help you achieve your best vision outcome possible: all-laser LASIK.
At RGB Cataract and LASIK, we understand that the idea of LASIK eye surgery can be an intimidating one. LASIK is a highly advanced procedure that takes only 15-20 seconds per eye, and less than 30 minutes for the entire procedure. With the latest technology and the expertise of our ophthalmologists, you can rest assured that your safety is paramount.
LASIK has quickly become the laser procedure of choice for most patients because of the quick recovery time, as well as fewer side effects and complications than with other methods of vision correction. The LASIK procedure is appropriate for a wide range of people who want the opportunity to experience freedom from glasses and contacts, and enjoy a better quality of life. Clinical data shows that 98% of mild-to-moderate nearsighted patients, and almost three-quarters of all clinical study patients, could see 20/20 or better without glasses or contacts following LASIK.
LASIK Surgery offers a lot of benefits:
- Fast and well-improved vision. A study shows that 95% of patients who have undergone LASIK surgery have an uncorrected visual acuity of at least 20/40, whereas approximately 85% were able to achieve 20/20 vision.
- Long-lasting results. Following a stabilization period of about 3 months, your eye will adjust, and the LASIK results are permanent. There is no need for follow-up procedures, unless the surgeon over or under-corrected your eye. Your improved eyesight will last barring any normal loss due to aging or illness.
- Results appear about 24 hours after the surgery. You will be able to return immediately to your daily activities almost immediately. Complete healing occurs within 3 to 6 months.
- A fast and painless procedure. It is done in an outpatient basis and only a local anesthetic will be used. LASIK is painless, although some many find it uncomfortable. The surgery is completed within 10-15 minutes for both eyes.
- Eliminate the need to use contact lenses or eyeglasses.
If you are tired of blurry vision and wearing glasses and contact lenses, LASIK surgery may be a good option for you. Take our online LASIK Candidacy self-test and find out if LASIK is right for you.